9th – 13th June 2019
Hosted by East China Normal University
Shanghai, People’s Republic of China
It aims to bring together international scholars and practitioners in the field to discuss critical and challenging issues in teaching, learning, and curriculum in physical education for student well-being.
Teaching focus, including
· Best teaching practices in K-12 physical education
· Pre-service and in-service teachers’ content knowledge
· Pre-service and in-service teachers’ professional development
Learning focus, including
· Student motivation, learning, and skill performance in physical education
· Technology in K-12 physical education
· Diversity and social justice issues in physical education
· Physical activity/ fitness and cognitive functions among K-12 students
Curriculum focus, including
· Instructional models in physical education
· Health promotion in schools
· Comprehensive school-wide physical activity programs
· Policy and advocacy for K-12 physical education
Call for Abstracts
Participants are invited to submit abstracts for the First World Congress. Please read the following instructions for abstract submission carefully before preparing your abstract:
1. Oral and poster presentation submissions are accepted as the forms of scientific communication at the congress. All abstracts are subject to the same rules for submission and presentation.
2. Abstract must be written in English. The language of the congress is English and Chinese.
3. Each presenting author is permitted to submit no more than two abstracts.
4. Lead author’s name, affiliation, e-mail and phone should be provided; co- author’s name, affiliation and e-mail should be provided.
5. Abstract length is limited to 400 words. Please use Times New Roman font (font size 12) to write the text. Please use title casing, capitalizing only the first letter in each word.
6. Structured abstract is required. It must include background, purpose, methods, analysis and results, and conclusion.
7. Abstracts must be submitted by using the abstract submission form（http://caope.com.cn/index.php?s=/Home/Goods/or_detail/id/12/type/4.html） and received by 25th November 2018. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptance notification will be sent by 15th December 2018.
8. The organizing committee will consider the authors’ presentation preferences during the abstract evaluation process, and the committee will make the final decision on Oral or Poster of an abstract.
26th September 2018
Call for Abstracts
25th November 2018
Close of Abstracts Submission
15th December 2018
Notification of Accepted Abstracts
15th March 2019
Close of Early- Bird Registration
9th June 2019
Close of Regular Registration
9th June 2019
East China Normal University
School of Physical education and Health
· $295 – Early-bird Registration
· $350 – Regular Registration
· $150 – Student Registration
The registration fee includes:
· Congress materials
· Admission to all congress sessions
· Group lunches at the congress
· Tour of East China Normal University Campus
The Congress Venue is Minhang Campus, ECNU (500 Dongchuan Rd.,Shanghai), situated approximately 30 kilometers from Hongqiao Airport (33-minute car trip), 55 kilometers from Pudong International Airport (55-minute car trip), and 30 kilometers from Shanghai Center (45-minute car trip). The following hotels are recommended.
Hu Hua International Hotel (breakfast incl.)
· 58$/night, Single Standard Room, 67$/night Double Standard Room
· Tel. 021-80159415
Shanghai Haizhou Hotel (breakfast incl.)
· 44$/night, Single Standard Room, 58$/night Double Standard Room
· Tel. 400-778-2688
Faculty Guest Hotel (breakfast incl.)
· 54$/night, Single or Double Standard Room
· Tel. 021-33503666
Yi Yue Hotel (breakfast incl.)
· 62$/night, Single or Double Standard Room
· Tel. 021-338-80888
Jin Jiang Inn (breakfast incl.)
· 37$/night, Single or Double Standard Room
· Tel. 400-820-9999
Traveling to Shanghai and Sightseeing
Shanghai is a renowned international metropolis drawing more and more attention from all over the world. Situated on the estuary of Yangtze River, it serves as the most influential economic, financial, international trade, and cultural center in East China. Also, it is a popular travel destination for visitors to sense the pulsating development of the country.
In addition to its modernization, the city's multicultural flair endows it with a unique glamour. Here, one finds the perfect blend of cultures, the modern and the traditional, and the western and the oriental.
Map of Congress Venue